Do you want to learn how to plan and carry through backcountry skiing tours on your own, to be able to lay first tracks down untouched mountain sides? In the area around Abisko there are endless peaks and possibilities, making this.
During three intense days our engaging and competent guides will teach you the basic skills needed to go ski touring on your own. You'll learn about equipment, technique for both the uphill and the downhill, basic avalanche safety and mountain safety. We live comfortably and eat well at STF Abisko Turiststation so we can recuperate after long rewarding days on the mountain. We hope to see you on this course!
- 3 nights accommodation in a shared dorm room
- Full board, from dinner on arrival day to lunch on departure day
- Ski pass at Noulja Offpist, 1 day
- Backcountry skiing guide, 3 days
- Avalance equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe), 3 days
- Local transportation, 2 days
You should be a good skier, but you don't need any backcountry experience.
You should be in good physical condition, you need to be able to be active outdoors for many hours each day.
Cancellation can be made up to 30 days before arrival. After that, no refunds can be made.