More about STF Björkfors Hostel
Björkfors Hostel has been a school since 1853 and underwent extensive renovation work in 2001 to become a hostel with a beautiful garden for ball games, barbecues and badminton.
The perfect base for enjoying the beautiful countryside here or further afield. There are plenty of activities to choose from and interesting sights to visit.
We look forward to welcoming you and are keen to help you make the most of your stay with us.
Here’s a brief overview of everything Björkfors has to offer:
* Canoe and kayak hire
* Course/event and conference building (for 60)
* Lunch/dinner (book in advance)
* Well-equipped kitchen
* Swimming within walking distance
* Hiking, Nordic walking (fantastic hiking trails)
* Treasure hunt, Geocaching
* Bicycle hire and tours (the hostel is on the Sverigeleden national cycle route)
* Angling and hunting (rowing boat)
* Astrid Lindgren’s World (50 minutes away)
* Golf courses (Kisa, Åtvidaberg, Västervik, Linköping)
* The BP petrol station in Björkfors often attracts vintage cars
* Trollegater, Sweden’s largest rock cave. Crawling through the narrow tunnels with a torch is an experience you won’t forget in a hurry!
* Valö summer café (Valö Folk Music Festival)
And in the winter:
• Tolvmannabacken ski centre in Kisa
• Kinda ice trail (10 km ploughed skating trail on Åsunden lake)
• Lit trails
• Cross-country skating
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION