More about STF Blåhammaren Mountain station
Blåhammaren is the smallest and highest mountain lodge run by STF. It is situated off the beaten track, in roadless countryside, accessible only on foot or on skis from Storulvån, Rundhögen or Storvallen. As the lodge already lies high up in the mountains, it is not far to the nearest peak, Blåhammarkläppen.
The mountain lodge has around 50 beds in the main building and an annex. The main building offers twin rooms, 4-bed rooms and 6-bed rooms as well as toilets, showers, a sauna and drying room. The annex contains a 14-bed room and a room with mattresses on the floor, as well as self-catering facilities and a drying room.
We serve a breakfast buffet, a lunch of fruit soup (which also has a history dating back to the 1920s). Dinner is served at 5.30 pm – a three-course buffet with common seating and table plan. There are two sittings and you will be assigned a sitting upon your arrival. You cannot pre-book your sitting, so please arrive on time. The lodge is fully licensed.
Blåhammaren is a small lodge with a high level of occupancy, which means that dinner should be booked when booking accommodation. Special food requirements should be mentioned when booking.
We have a small shop with a limited selection of food items, sweets, clothing and souvenirs.
And there’s plenty of room here if you want to put up a tent. For a charge of SEK 100 SEK (members of STF and HI associations) or SEK 200 (non-members), you can gain access to all of the facilities of the mountain station. It is not possible to book a place for a tent, but remember that campers can obtain meals at the lodge (full board), if they book meals in advance.
To see and do
There are many suggestions for daytrips from the lodge. The staff can gladly help with tips and ideas.
From the winter season 2020, STF Blåhammaren no longer accepts cash. You can pre-pay your stay, but on site you can only pay by card.
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms in order to create more space and to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION