More about STF Grövelsjön Mountain station
STF Grövelsjön Mountain station, 816 metres above sea level, is farthest up in the mountains of Dalarna on the Norwegian border and is an obvious starting point for those who want to hike or ski in a true mountain environment. There are miles of marked trails right outside the door, which is why many people stay with us for a long time and return again and again in order to explore everything the area has to offer.
We offer themed weeks for beginners as well as for those with more experience and the tours are adapted to both families and individuals. The location of the mountain station at the foot of Långfjället with a view of the Norwegian mountains creates a fantastic view and a beautiful environment in which to spend time. Because of the area’s special nature, several nature reserves and national parks have been established on both the Norwegian and Swedish sides of the border. They are natural areas that the mountain station guides know well and are happy to show you.
We are incredibly proud that STF Grövelsjön Mountain Station is one of the world’s most environmentally friendly mountain facilities. The mountain station is certified by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, our events have Nature’s Best quality label and our restaurant is KRAV labelled (organic) and we only use top-quality organic produce. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and we are fully licensed. Special dietary requirements need to be ordered in advance. After a day outdoors, you can relax in our café, which serves waffles and offers “After Fjäll”, entertainment and refreshment after a day out in the mountains.
Staying at a mountain station an incomparable experience! We are neither a hotel, hostel nor a mountain refuge – we are something entirely special in between; accommodation in the middle of the mountains! We offer several different types of accommodation with a range of prices and levels of comfort. You can choose to stay comfortably with an en-suite shower and toilet or to have those facilities in the corridor. Choose between full or half board or to cook food in our bright self-catering kitchen in the annexe. In the main building you’ll find a sauna, several lounges, a ping-pong room and a play room. In the nearby area, we also have cabins with 6–8 beds. We also have camping pitches if you want to use your own tent or stay in a caravan.
Check.in is from 15:00 and check-out is no later than 10:00 on the day of departure. The reception is open between 08:30–19:30 during peak season.
Grövelsjön Mountain Station has a well-stocked sports and grocery shop. Here you can supplement your equipment and buy the provisions you need for your trip into the mountains, purchase any maps you might need, as well as clothes, medical supplies etc. In our rental shop you can rent most things you might need for your trip into the mountains in both summer and winter. We recommend booking in advance when renting skiing equipment. In summer we rent both canoes and bikes.
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms in order to create more space and to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION