We are incredibly proud that STF Grövelsjön Mountain Station is one of the world’s most environmentally friendly mountain facilities! Our station is certified by the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, the restaurant is KRAV certified (organic) and our tours and themed weeks and courses are ecotourism certified. We were among the first event organisers to be certified by Nature’s Best – an environmental certification scheme for event organisers within ecotourism – and we work actively to maintain our position as Sweden’s, and one of the world’s, most environmentally friendly mountain facilities.
We have been working on our environmental profile since 1990 and have repeatedly been acknowledged for our environmental work. We are constantly searching for ways to reduce our environmental impact, and our goal is for our guests, now and in the future, will get the opportunity to experience a pristine mountain environment. Our philosophy is a combination of innovation and tradition within natural and cultural tourism.
Examples of what we do
- Recycling is a matter of course for us and our guests.
- Drive with electricity! You can charge your car at our charging station decorated with Dalecarlian floral painting.
- Since 1984 the mountain station’s primary source of heating has been ground source heating.
- We compress our waste in large presses in order to reduce the amount of transportation.
- Our tours, themed weeks and courses are ecotourism certified.
- Our food waste gets turned into nutritious compost.
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION