Flexible booking conditionsBooking of accommodation can be canceled with a full refund up to 7 days before arrival, alternatively until 18:00 on the day before arrival. Special conditions apply to activities. Current conditions for your selected accommodation or activity can be found under "Terms and conditions" when you get to the shopping cart in the booking flow. Read more
STF Kebnekaise Mountain station
Mountain top hiking and full service stay at Kebnekaise
Restaurant available. Opening hours may vary depending on season.
Fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. The kitchen is shared with other guests.
Food and equipment for outdoor activities are sold in the shop. The range of goods differs from facility to facility.
Some rooms are available in which pets may accompany guests.
A sauna is available.
Rental of hiking equipment
Equipment for outdoor activities is available for hire.
Skiing equipment is available for hire.
A basic café service is available
Guides are available for hire.
Breakfast is included in the room price/rate or can be purchased for an additional fee. Opening hours/selection may vary depending on season.
<1 km to marked trails
Less than 1 kilometer to marked hiking trail.
Group booking is available for a minimum of 10 people.
Meeting-/conference rooms are available upon request.
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, camp or a school trip? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!
Contact and opening hours
981 99 Kiruna
Flights to Kiruna are also available, however we advise guests to use train or bus as a first choice since air travel generally generates high greenhouse gas emissions per kilometre.
Hiking/skiing from Nikkaluokta to Kebnekaise is 19 km. It is possible to arrange transport by boat/helicopter in the summer and snowmobile/tracked vehicle/dog sled in the winter with local transport companies.
And don’t forget that you can also hike or ski to the lodge from the Kungsleden trail.
Do you need help with your booking?
Check-in and check-out times:
Number of beds
Follow STF Kebnekaise Mountain station
The accommodation fulfills strict sustainability criteria which are being monitored every year and demand constant improvements.
The accommodation has taken the STF Sustainability pledge on working sustainably in their daily operations and involve you as a guest.
Read more about our sustainability work
We are actively working to be as sustainable as possible. Here are some examples.
Our sustainability efforts
• Keep Kebnekaise clean! We have started Sweden’s highest altitude rubbish collection.
• Our food waste gets turned into nutritious compost.
• We optimise transportation of goods and waste in order to reduce emissions and noise.
Our sustainability labels
• Green Key
• Nature’s Best
How we fulfil STFs sustainability pledgde
• Not selling bottled water.
• Buying green electricity from renewable sources.
• We make it easy to recycle as this is available in several places at the mountain station with clear information on how to sort waste.
• Our helpful guests who take rubbish down with them after ascending Kebnekaise are offered free organic coffee!
• Energy consumption and CO2 emissions are obvious criteria when purchasing household appliances and vehicles.
• We have organic, KRAV-labelled options in both the restaurant and store and we inform guests about this.
• We provide information and assistance in order to help you make your stay in and around the facility as sustainable as possible.
• We provide advice about trails in the area, mountain safety and how to behave as a guest in the natural environment and reindeer grazing areas, how not to disturb animals and nature.
• We avoid single-use products and only use ecolabelled cleaning products.
• We are actively reducing paper use as we are installing hand dryers and avoid printing unnecessarily.
Help us make a difference
We believe that when more people discover our beautiful nature, more people will want to protect it. By being a member, you contribute to the work to influence for a more sustainable tourism and outdoor life. Become a member today.