The accommodation’s home page: STF Kebnekaise Mountain station
We are actively working to be as sustainable as possible. Here are some examples.
Our sustainability efforts
- Keep Kebnekaise clean! We have started Sweden’s highest altitude rubbish collection.
- Our food waste gets turned into nutritious compost.
- We optimise transportation of goods and waste in order to reduce emissions and noise.
Our sustainability labels
- Green Key
- Nature’s Best
How we fulfil STFs sustainability pledgde
- Not selling bottled water.
- Buying green electricity from renewable sources.
- We make it easy to recycle as this is available in several places at the mountain station with clear information on how to sort waste.
- Our helpful guests who take rubbish down with them after ascending Kebnekaise are offered free organic coffee!
- Energy consumption and CO2 emissions are obvious criteria when purchasing household appliances and vehicles.
- We have organic, KRAV-labelled options in both the restaurant and store and we inform guests about this.
- We provide information and assistance in order to help you make your stay in and around the facility as sustainable as possible. We provide advice about trails in the area, mountain safety and how to behave as a guest in the natural environment and reindeer grazing areas, how not to disturb animals and nature.
- We avoid single-use products and only use ecolabelled cleaning products.
- We are actively reducing paper use as we are installing hand dryers and avoid printing unnecessarily.
See availability and book.