More about STF Kukkolaforsen
Kukkolaforsen is a village next to the Torne River, right on the border with Finland and just over a mile north of Haparanda. The area has its own culture and its own language, Meänkieli. With its spectacular location, Kukkolaforsen is something out of the ordinary.
Right by the rushing rapids is the family-owned Kukkolaforsen Turist & Konferens. Kukkolaforsen gives you a genuine cultural environment with fishing huts, brooding huts, a fishing museum and water-powered mills. Here, the unique net fishing is conducted according to ancient methods.
You live comfortably either in our newly built hotel or in one of our cottage apartments or smaller cottages, all of which have river views and views of the banks of the rapids. Our restaurants features ingredients from the large larder just around the corner. Everything is prepared to ensure that the northern, yes, Tornedal, flavors are front and center.
We offer activities such as rafting, sauna baths in Sweden's only sauna village, whitefish landing, dog sledding and much more. The accommodation by the rushing rapids, the living sauna and food culture and the traditional fishing are at our core. Welcome to experience this place with us.
Welcome to the realm of saunas and whitefish!
Spolander Family and personnel
Corona related adaptations
For our guests to feel safe in these Corona times, we have adapted our business in the following ways. This information may be updated regularly.
• We follow the government's guidelines and recommendations and update our routines accordingly
• All our staff have been educated thoroughly on the importance of hand hygiene when working with guests, kitchen, cleaning, toilet visits, meals and other work.
• Public areas such as service houses are cleaned twice as often.
• Our guests always have access to soap in the sanitary facilities, as well as in all cottages with bathrooms.
• Door handles, taps and other frequently used surfaces are cleaned regularly.
• All personnel receive ongoing information about Covid-19 and any new safety measures.
• Employees who have visited a risk area or feel ill stay home.
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION