More about STF Ritsem
The queen of Lapland – Áhkká – is located at the other end of Lake Akkajaure. At 2,105 m.a.s.l., her peaks and glaciers reflect in the lake and leave their mark on the entire region. From the peak down to the lake, you get one of the country’s highest skiing elevations – a classic 1,500 metres of altitude.
Here, you can take a coffee at the little restaurant and purchase smoked fish. Continue two kilometres along the Padjelanta Trail to STF Akka mountain hut. If the weather is good, there is a nice place to swim with cliffs near to a stream 300 metres from the hut. If fishing is your interest, continue towards the rapids in the Vuojatätno River and try your luck (fishing permit only applies from the western shore)
The church tent at the Sámi camp in Vaisaluokta should definitely be visited. A popular church weekend is held here each year at the beginning of July.
Those searching for a real challenge can climb Mount Kallatjåkka on the Ritsem side of Lake Akkajaure – expect a very long and hard day that is rewarded during the winter with a long, pleasant ski run back down. A much easier tour is to climb up towards Stuor Sievgok north-west of the hut.
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms in order to create more space and to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION