Flexible booking conditionsBooking of accommodation can be canceled with a full refund up to 7 days before arrival, alternatively until 18:00 on the day before arrival. Special conditions apply to activities. Current conditions for your selected accommodation or activity can be found under "Terms and conditions" when you get to the shopping cart in the booking flow. Read more
STF af Chapman & Skeppsholmen Hostel
Stay amid historical charm in the center of Stockholm
Fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. The kitchen is shared with other guests.
WiFi is available in common areas and/or in bedrooms.
Room with at least 4 beds within the same room.
A basic café service is available
Car parking is available next to the property, a fee may apply.
Breakfast is included in the room price/rate or can be purchased for an additional fee. Opening hours/selection may vary depending on season.
<1 km to train station/bus stop
Closer than 1 km to train station/bus stop.
Group booking is available for a minimum of 10 people.
Meeting-/conference rooms are available upon request.
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, camp or a school trip? Fill out the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!
Contact and opening hours
111 49 Stockholm
You can also take bus 65 towards Skeppsholmen. Get off at the bus stop "Östasiatiska museet".
For more information on local transport options, please visit www.sl.se .
Check-in and check-out times:
Number of rooms
Number of beds
Follow STF af Chapman & Skeppsholmen Hostel
The accommodation fulfills strict sustainability criteria which are being monitored every year and demand constant improvements.
The accommodation has taken the STF Sustainability pledge on working sustainably in their daily operations and involve you as a guest.
Read more about our sustainability work
STF af Chapman & Skeppsholmen are Green Key certified and are actively working so that you are able to travel sustainably. In our café and breakfast restaurant you will find many organic and KRAV-labelled products. The rooms and premises are cleaned exclusively using eco-labelled detergents.
For us, collaboration with staff is fundamental and we always help each other maintain procedures. We also inform our guests in order to draw attention to both our sustainability efforts and the environmental work at a global level. It is important to us to spread information about the significance of sustainable accommodation. We always work to lay a sustainable foundation on which to build – so that we can move forward and develop over time.
In addition, you as our guests are important to our environmental efforts. For example, you help by using sustainable methods for self-catering, saving water and recycling. These are areas where great responsibility is placed on staff and the facility, as we have to offer easily understood information as well as sustainable and easily manageable systems such as recycling. This all aims to facilitate an environmentally friendly stay.
We are constantly looking at ways we can minimize our environmental impact. That is why we are encouraging you to come to us with suggestions of where we can improve.
Examples of what we do for the environment
• From October 2019, we use the Karma app in order to reduce food waste.
• Recycling is a matter of course for us and our guests.
• We heat the entire facility with district heating and only purchase eco-labelled electricity.
• Food waste is turned into biogas and biofertiliser.
• We plan our purchasing in order to reduce transportation.
• Furniture we no longer use gets a second chance with someone else.
• We collaborate with suppliers who are eco-labelled.
• We are involved in the wider community and collaborate with both schools and the Swedish Public Employment Service programme “Gör plats”, which aims to get more people onto the labour market.
• We save water by installing toilets and showers that limit water usage.
• Soap, toilet paper, paper towels, washing-up liquid, dishwasher tablets, rinse agents and washing detergent are all eco-labelled. • Our cleaning products are always eco friendly.
• Our breakfast buffet offers many organic, KRAV-labelled and Keyhole-labelled products. We rent out bikes free of charge to STF members (only in summer) and encourage environmentally friendly modes of transport (e.g. public transport).
• One set of sheets and towels is used throughout the entire stay.
• The tap water is of very good quality and we no longer buy in bottled water.
• We support the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation campaign “Save the Bees” and will be installing an insect hostel in 2020.
Information about Green Key
Green Key is an international environmental label where the facility has to meet internationally established criteria, especially adapted to accommodation providers and conference facilities. Internationally Green Key is managed by the Foundation for Environmental Education and the criteria and working methods are regulated by the Green Key International Steering Committee.
There are currently 2,600 facilities in 56 countries around the world with this labelling.
Facilities with Green Key have to, for example, have an environmental policy and use energy-saving solutions, have measures in place to reduce water usage and ensure that the chemical content of hygiene products and cleaning products adhere to established rules. Furthermore, there are requirements on the proportion of organic, fair trade or locally produced foods. The facility has to regularly train/inform its staff about environmental issues and the Green Key work that is being carried out.
Help us make a difference
We believe that when more people discover our beautiful nature, more people will want to protect it. By being a member, you contribute to the work to influence for a more sustainable tourism and outdoor life. Become a member today.