More about STF Sylarna Mountain Station
Sylarna is an old junction where the trails from Blåhammaren, Storulvån, Helags, Gåsen, Nowegian Nedalen and Storerikvollen converges. At the base of the mountain is Sylarnas Mountain Station where you gather for recovery, interaction and inspiration.
The mountain lodge has around 100 beds in 3/5-bed rooms, one 8-bed room and 12 beds in an annex. Hot and cold water is provided in the rooms. Shower, toilet and sauna facilities are in the corridor. The annex Kläppen houses a common room, self-catering facilities and a kitchen. Some of the rooms in the annex accept dogs – these must be prebooked at the mountain lodge during high season.
The main building has a large self-catering kitchen and a dining room with views over the Syl massif, plus a shop with a variety of fresh, canned and frozen foods for self-catering.
A tasty and ample breakfast is laid out each morning between 8.00 and 9.00 am, together with the ingredients for a packed lunch that you make for yourself to take out onto the mountains. A food box with a mountain meal for two people can be booked in advance, at least seven days before arrival. Coffee, tea and a range of biscuits are always waiting for you during the daytime. Book by telephone at +46 10 190 2360 or e-mail: email@example.com
Ski climbing equipment, telemark skis and a selection of sports equipment is available for hire. There is a telephone and an emergency phone.
To see and do
Experiences of the highest calibre await everyone here, no matter what they’re wearing on their feet! The high peaks, steep mountain slopes and deep valleys offer activities and experiences of many types. Climbing Storsylen with its 1,762 metres above sea level has been a goal for many, ever since the first ascent in 1886, and the mountain continues to draw many hikers and skiers.
From the winter season 2020, STF Sylarna no longer accepts cash. You can pre-pay your stay, but on site you can only pay by card.
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. The proportion of limited beds varies depending on the mountain station, room type and size of the room. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this. If you want to ensure that you do not have to share a room with other guests, we recommend that you plan your stay for dates or accommodation facilities where you are able to book a whole room.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION