This information was last updated on 2022-04-27 and is subject to change at short notice.
What does STF do in general to take care of guests, members and staff during the corona pandemic?
- All STF’s accommodations and staff have been given information about COVID-19, including instructions and guidelines on how to reduce the risk of infection spreading.
- Hygiene and cleanliness are a priority. We have routines for cleaning and hygiene, with an extra focus on hand hygiene.
- We follow the routines we have established and that apply in the event of the detection of COVID-19 at any of our accommodations, whether among employees, guests or participants at activities.
- If you experience symptoms that could indicate that you have been infected with the coronavirus (e.g. fever, muscle and joint pain, headache and dry cough), you should notify the staff, if possible without leaving your room.
Below you will find information about what to expect from STF’s various activities, in addition to the general changes mentioned above.
STF Mountain cabins
STF Mountain stations
Other accommodation facilities
STF Mountain Cabins
- We recommend our guests to pre-book accommodation in our mountain cabins. Bookings and repayments must be made for the specific date and cabin. Click here to make an online booking. The number of beds available for pre-booking is limited and depends on the type of cabin/area, so they may be fully booked. When you pre-book your stay, you will receive a special discounted advance price, and you are guaranteed a bed as long as you arrive at the cabin no later than 18:00. Later arrivals are guaranteed an unspecified bed. Your booking confirmation must be printed and shown to the cabin host on arrival. If you do not have the opportunity to make an advance booking, you can still pay on arrival. In that case you will be given an unspecified bed, which could mean a floor bed in the mountain cabin or a different indoor space. Unspecified beds are normally allocated after 18:00.
- Tent sites cannot be pre-booked. Campers pitching their tent next to a mountain cabin and paying a service fee are welcome to use the cabin kitchen, drying room and other facilities, but not the bedrooms between 15:00-21:00 on the day of arrival or 07:00-10:00 on the day of departure.
- Duvets and pillows are available on site. It is mandatory to bring your own sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover. We also recommend that you bring your own bedsheet and pillowcase to be sure that you are able to cover all your bedding.
- We plan to keep the saunas adjacent to our mountain cabins open.
- The mountain cabin is open to day visitors between 11:00-15:00 for a fee. Day visits to our mountain cabins cannot be pre-booked and must be paid directly to the cabin host on site.
- Hand washing facilities / hand sanitizers are available at the toilet, in the kitchen and at the cabin entrance.
- Cleaning routines for guests are posted in the mountain cabin.
STF’s Mountain Stations
(applies to Abisko, Grövelsjön, Helags, Storulvån, Blåhammaren, Sylarna, Saltoluokta, Kebnekaise, and Ritsem)
- We still recommend our guests to pre-book accommodation at our mountain stations. Subject to availability, you can also book and pay for your accommodation on arrival. However, we can not guarantee a bed if you have not pre-booked. In an emergency we always offer roof over your head.
- All beds in our common rooms can be pre-booked. As far as possible we try to accommodate different parties in different rooms, but you are not guaranteed your own room unless you have made a booking. If you don’t want to share a room with other guests, we recommend that you make your booking for those dates or accommodations where single occupancy is available.
- Tent sites cannot be pre-booked. Campers pitching their tent next to a mountain station and paying a service fee are welcome to use the station kitchen, drying room and other facilities.
- Duvets and pillows are available on site. If you have not pre-booked bed linen it is mandatory to bring your own sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover. We also recommend that you bring your own bedsheet and pillowcase to be sure that you are able to cover all your bedding.
- The saunas at our mountain stations are open.
Our other accommodations around the country
STF has approximately 250 accommodations that have adapted their operations in different ways due to the pandemic, in addition to STF’s overall changes that are mentioned in our general guidelines. You can contact the respective accommodation directly if you have specific questions about any local changes.