This page was last updated on 26 March 2020
Most of the STF accommodations that should be open this time of year are open as normal. However, STF's mountain huts have closed down for the winter season early this year due to the corona virus. We continue to operate as usual, with safety as our number one priority. When it comes to local events, it is for each local chapter to decide whether they can carry out their activities, considering the corona outbreak. Please contact your local chapter to find out if events you want to attend may be affected.
Examples of what STF does to protect guests and staff during the coronavirus outbreak
- We follow guidance from the Swedish Public Health Agency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- All STF's accommodations, local chapters and staff have been given information about covid-19, along with instructions and directions.
- We act according to routines that have been established, which will apply in the event of a case of covid-19 at any of our accommodations.
- Hygiene and cleanliness are always a priority to us. We have now further strengthened our routines for cleaning, washing and hygiene.
- Increased focus on hand hygiene.
- Regular disinfection of frequently used surfaces such as door handles, reception desk, bathrooms/showers, guest kitchens, light switches, elevator buttons and other places that guests use regularly.
- Hand disinfection is often available to guests in public areas.
- We have established routines in case of illnesses among employees.
Measures that guests can take to protect themselves and others against covid-19
- Wash hands frequently. It takes at least 20 seconds to thoroughly clean your hands. Don't forget your thumbs and wrists. Use hand sanitising gel if you do not have the option of washing your hands with soap and water.
- Wipe hands dry. Wet hands transfer germs more easily than dry ones. Use a paper towel and discard after using it.
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into the bend of your elbow or in a disposable tissue to prevent germs from spreading. This also helps to keep your hands clean.
- If you experience symptoms indicating that you may have become infected with coronavirus (such as fever, muscle and joint pain, headache and dry cough), inform STF’s staff, if possible without leaving your room.
This information may be updated and is valid until otherwise stated.
We continue to operate as usual, with safety as our number one priority. Every reasonable precaution is taken to make sure our guests feel safe while staying with us or visiting us.