Do you want to learn how to plan and carry through backcountry skiing tours on your own, to be able to lay first tracks down untouched mountain sides? In the area around Abisko there are endless peaks and possibilities, making this. an excellent place for an introduction to randonée skiing.
During three intense days our engaging and competent guides will teach you the basic skills needed to go ski touring on your own. You'll learn about equipment, technique for both the uphill and the downhill, basic avalanche safety and mountain safety. We live comfortably and eat well at STF Abisko Turiststation so we can recuperate after long rewarding days on the mountain.
- 3 nights accommodation in a shared dorm room
- Full board, from dinner on arrival day to lunch on departure day
- Ski pass at Noulja Offpist, 1 day
- Backcountry skiing guide, 3 days
- Avalance equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe), 3 days
- Local transportation, 2 days
You should be a good skier, but you don't need any backcountry experience.
For booking conditions, read the information sheet.