More about STF Kebnekaise Mountain station
Kebnekaise is one of the entry ways to the Kungsleden trail, reached after a day’s walking to the west. Both Abisko and Saltoluokta can be reached along the Kungsleden in 4-7 days.
Those walking or skiing can enjoy a pleasant day trip here from Nikkaluokta, where the road ends. The mountain lodge has 190 beds in one main building and five annexes: Lillstugan, Tuolpa, Gorni, Liddo and Jägar’n.
Kebnekaise offers double rooms, twin rooms, 4-bed rooms or dormitory rooms.
The restaurant at Kebnekaise Mountain Lodge serves a breakfast buffet, lunch, a 2-course menu or you can choose Elsas dinner-in-a-box.
Our shop sells groceries, sweets, clothing and souvenirs. The service building offers a kitchen, toilets, showers, saunas and drying rooms.
Sports and equipment hire
Our sports service has a wide range of skis, plus other outdoors and climbing equipment for hire. We also sell a selection of skiing and outdoors equipment. Our guides can help people to reach areas they could not get to by themselves.
Things to see and do
Sweden’s highest alpine landscape with day trips possible to several peaks over 2000m. Guided trips to the peak of Sweden’s highest mountain, climbing, glacier hikes, ski climbing and courses. Excellent excursion possibilities both in summer and winter.
From Kebnekaise, hiking trails stretch north towards Abisko (ca 5 days) and south to Saltoluokta (ca 4 days).
Conferences and groups
Year round on request, limited space in July-August. Conference venue and the possibility of hiring group rooms. Full conference equipment, including Internet connection. And of course we can offer a wide variety of activities. For more information and booking of conferences and groups, contact Kebnekaise Mountain Lodge by telephone on 00 46 980 550 00.
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. The proportion of limited beds varies depending on the mountain station, room type and size of the room. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this. If you want to ensure that you do not have to share a room with other guests, we recommend that you plan your stay for dates or accommodation facilities where you are able to book a whole room.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION