More about STF Helags Mountain station
Welcome to STF Helags Mountain Station – STF’s youngest station is situated with a view up towards Helagstoppen (1797 metres above sea level) and towards Sweden’s southernmost glacier.
The first cabin was built in this location in 1897 to facilitate the ascent of Helagstoppen, 750 metres above. Today many skiers and hikers arrive in order to repeat the feat and to enjoy the mountain station’s selection of good food, shop and a relaxing sauna after their excursion.
Despite the high altitude, it is still green and full of flowers here in summer. Perhaps that is why the Arctic fox likes it so much here. It is here that this endangered fox has what is perhaps its strongest population in Sweden.
Accommodation is in three cabins with four-bed rooms and one eight-bed room where dogs are allowed. If you want accommodation that is a bit more authentic, you can stay in the wood-fired Gamla Östan, which has a five-bed room and a nine-bed room.
Dinner is served at 18:00 and breakfast at 8:00 am. During the day we offer yummy waffles and goulash. If you need to purchase any supplies or sports equipment, you can do so in our shop.
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms in order to create more space and to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION