More about STF Saltoluokta Mountain station
For some people it is like coming home, for others it is new and exciting. STF Saltoluokta Mountain Station is situated far from roads, in the World Heritage site Laponia, and it is easily accessible in the middle of Kungsleden.
The mountain station consists of a main building and four guest houses, with a total of 100 beds. The main building, made from timber, was built in 1918 retains its old-world charm, with fireplaces and candles in the restaurant.
In our KRAV-labelled (organic) restaurant you can enjoy a breakfast buffet, lunch buffet and a three-course dinner. You can also purchase a packed lunch that you prepare yourself at breakfast. Book your meals in advance online or via email@example.com and let us know if you have any allergies or dietary requirements. All the meat we serve is Swedish and for dinner we only serve game. We always offer vegetarian and vegan options. If you want to cook your own food we offer a well-equipped self-catering kitchen with fridges where you can store food during your stay.
To get to and from Saltoluokta in winter you must cross the lake Langas along the marked ice trail, which is about 3.5 km long. We offer snowmobile transport in conjunction with the arrival and departure of bus no. 93. There is more information under Find Us.
The boat M/S Langas crossed the lake in summer with sailings that are also adapted to the bus timetable. Read more about boat sailings here: https://www.svenskaturistforeningen.se/anlaggningar/stf-saltoluokta-fjallstation/battider/
One of the main reasons many people visit us is the wonderful opportunities to get outside and experience the Swedish mountains at their very best.
We are just on the outskirts of the huge World Heritage site Laponia, which includes the national parks Stora Sjöfallet, Sarek, Padjelanta, Muddus and nature reserves Sjaunja and Sör-Stubba. It is not just because of its incredible natural beauty that this area has been declared a World Heritage site, but also due to the long-standing Sámi culture that still thrives in the area.
Many visitors stay with us as part of a longer hike. Perhaps you have started in Kvikkjokk and have spent a few days heading north, past Aktse and the famous crag Skierfeklippan? Or maybe you started in Ritsem or Suorva and hiked through Sarek National Park, to finally reach Salto and the shower and tasty dinner you’ve been longing for. You might also have started in Abisko, following Kungsleden south to Vakkotavare and from there taken the bus to reach Kebnatsbryggan and Salto. Or you have made these trips in the opposite direction and started your journey here in Salto.
Many visitors use Salto as a base for journeys of discovery in the surroundings. Some go on their own, others together with our skilled mountain guides.
Welcome over! Welcome home!
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms in order to create more space and to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION