More about STF Abisko Turiststation
During June 24 – September 26 we are open with full service, in terms of restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and 3-course dinner, guided tours, store with rental of equipment and the chairlift up to STF Aurora Sky Station.
STF's northernmost resort, STF Abisko Turiststation, is situated in Abisko National Park, 250 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle. The resort is surrounded by Lapporten's (The Lapponian Gate’s) characteristic U-shaped silhouette, the Abisko Mountain Range with Mount Nuolja and Torneträsk Lake.
Visitors from all over the world come to Abisko to experience Arctic Sweden, the mountains and iconic places such as Kungsleden, Lapporten, STF Aurora Sky Station, Torneträsk, Mount Nuolja and Abisko National Park.
Online bookings can be made at any time [24 hours a day]. Booking can also be made by e-mailing to email@example.com or phoning +46 (0) 980-40200. The reception can be reached on site, per phone and through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours vary depending on season, so please visit our website www.swedishtouristassociation.com/abisko or contact the reception at email@example.com for current opening hours. Full service is available from the end of June to the end of September and mid-November to the end of April but is limited in May, early June and from late September to mid-November.
Check-in is from 15:00 and check-out by 10:00. Free WiFi is available in the main building and in the Keron hostel. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Parking is available in the parking spaces close to and to the right of Abisko Naturum or the large parking lot at the railway station (approximately 300 meters from our main building).
Abisko is STF's largest mountain resort, with a total of 377 beds in the main building, Keron hostel and cabins. You have always access to a shower, toilet, kitchen, drying room, sauna, washing machine and lounge. All rooms are non-smoking. Accommodation in the main building includes bed linen and towels. If you stay in other rooms you can rent bed linen sets at reception.
Our Restaurant Kungsleden restaurant serves a buffet breakfast, “fika” coffee, lunch and [a three course] evening dinner as well as dishes from an á la carte menu. You can also buy lunch package. We recommend that you pre-order meals - call directly to restaurant Kungsleden +46 (0)10-1902403 (restaurant) or +46(0)10-1902402 (kitchen). The restaurant is fully licenced to serve alcohol and the restaurant is KRAV 2 certified. We use as much local produce as possible. During some times of the year you can have dinner and/or “fika” at STF Aurora Sky Station. Read more at www.auroraskystation.com
In our shop you can stock up for touring and equip yourself before starting a mountain trip. Here you can buy clothes, a wide range of sports equipment, food, freshly baked bread, fruit, hygiene items, souvenirs and much more. If you have any questions, or would you like to rent equipment, please contact the shop at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)10-1902309.
See and do
Kungsleden starts or ends in Abisko. Hiking the full route takes about 5-7 days' along country pathways with no roads. Our qualified guides offer various activities both winter and summer, for example trips up to STF Aurora Sky Station, spotting the Northern Lights, ice climbing, snowshoe hiking, midnight sun hikes and day trips to the unique boulder fields at Kärkevagge. And, of course, we invite you to [use] our wood-fired lakeshore sauna on the banks of (beside) (on the shore of] Lake Torneträsk.
Read more here: https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/facilities/stf-abisko-mountain-station/activities/
Adjustments due to the coronavirus
STF has implemented a large number of adaptations based on the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden in order to make it possible to welcome you in a safe manner. This information may be updated at a later date.
• We only accept guests who have booked their stay in advance. We have reduced the number of bookable beds in dormitory rooms to ensure that bunk beds are shared only by guests from the same party. The proportion of limited beds varies depending on the mountain station, room type and size of the room. We allocate parties to different rooms as far as possible but we cannot guarantee your party will have its own room if you have not booked this. If you want to ensure that you do not have to share a room with other guests, we recommend that you plan your stay for dates or accommodation facilities where you are able to book a whole room.
• Duvets and pillows are provided. It is obligatory to bring your own sheets and pillow cases (or to rent them) in addition to your sleeping bag, travel sheet or duvet cover for the duvets in the rooms. You will need to be able to cover all bedclothes for your own safety.
• We offer contactless check-in. If you wish to check in without having to meet anyone, contact us before arrival at our email address which you will find in the booking confirmation under "Contact information".
• In addition to this, we have made a number of other adjustments at our mountain stations. The latest information can be found at https://www.swedishtouristassociation.com/corona
• It is important that you are updated on the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines and the procedures established by STF before your stay.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome to the mountains!
Are you more than 10 people planning a conference, family reunion, school trip or perhaps a training camp for the sports team? Complete the form and your request will be sent to your selected accommodation, which will get back to you with a quotation to suit your group!REQUEST QUOTATION